The Directorate General of Taxes (DGI) organised on 14 April 2023 at the Radisson Blu Hotel its first quarter 2023 review seminar, under the chairmanship of Mr Moussa SANOGO, Minister of Budget and State Owned Entities, represented by Mr Adama SALL, Director of Cabinet.
This working meeting brought together all the members of the enlarged Management Committee, the deputy directors and heads of department designated.
The central theme of the seminar was "Analysis of the results of the first quarter of 2023 and perspectives for the second quarter of 2023".
In addition to the main theme, the participants will discuss the following topics
- the clearance of tax arrears with regard to accrued taxes ;
- the assessment of the exploitation of the information transmitted by the Directorate of Investigation, Intelligence and Risk Analysis and perspectives;
- the qualitative control of the file: updating of taxpayers' obligations;
- the state of progress of CORIF work and prospects;
- the 2023 activities in the framework of the implementation of the Strategic Plan.
In terms of revenue, the DGI collected 810.9 billion in the first quarter of 2023, against a target of 796.9 billion. There is a positive variance of 14.0 billion, i.e. a realisation rate of 101.7%. Compared to the first quarter of 2022, revenue increased by 86.4 billion, or 11.9%.
These good results were obtained mainly thanks to the good performance of the economic activity as well as the continuation of the digitalisation and the reinforcement of the proximity management.